Advocacy – Learning Difficulties
Living with a learning disability may mean that you need extra support with living independently, your health and finding opportunities in your local area such as work, community groups and hobbies.
You may feel unheard and unable to speak up about your needs and what support would be best for you. If you feel you need help, our advocates can work with you to ensure you are accessing all the support you need and make sure you are given a voice.
An advocate can help you with:
- Attending appointments such as doctor’s appointments
- Working with other organisations to support you
- Breaking down barriers and creating more opportunities for you
- Helping you be involved in decisions about your life
- Making sure you are treated with respect