The Salford and Bolton Advocacy services are still running but slightly differently. As we are currently not undertaking home visits all referrals are assessed by the service manager and then allocated to an advocate who will ring the referrer/client to offer support. We are currently still attending Salford Royal & Meadowbrook, when it is deemed essential. We have been advised not to visit Woodlands or the Care Homes in order to keep vulnerable clients safe. However, we have been having Skype and telephone consultations where appropriate.
The Secure Advocacy Team with clients on GMMH's Prestwich Site are now all working remotely. They are still accessible via their usual office phone numbers and continue to support clients via telephone and email. Video conferencing facilities at the hospital are being upgraded and the team will make full use of these for appointments with clients and key meetings. Please contact Robin, the Advocacy Service Manager, for further info: 0161 358 2570.
We have currently closed all face to face Advice services to the public, however we are still able to provide telephone and email advice to our clients. If you need any advice regarding your benefits or debts, please contact us on 0161 710 1070 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have launched an Online Support Resources page to provide free mindfulness practices and mental health information and advice during this difficult time. To learn more and browse these resources, please click here.
Coronavirus Support & Advice
The Spirit of Salford Helpline is now live. The helpline is for local people who are self-isolating and can’t get support from family, friends or neighbours and need help with:
- Food shopping
- Getting essential medication
- Getting fuel (if you are on a pre-paid meter for gas or electric)
- Looking after pets
If you need help, or if your group knows someone who does, call 0800 952 1000, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 6pm.
Other support available includes:
- Greater Manchester Mental Health have launched a 24 hour duty service for both Service Users and Carers on 01204 483071. If you are struggling, please call that number.
- The NHS website has up to date information on Coronavirus and any precautions or actions you need to take. This also has links to NHS 111 if you need fast advice and support: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- The Public Health England website also has lots of Coronavirus information and help: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- National Mind have got some useful tips and resources for maintaining your wellbeing during this difficult period: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- National Mind also have useful information for both line managers and staff about supporting yourself and your team when working from home: https://www.mind.org.uk/workplace/mental-health-at-work/coronavirus-supporting-yourself-and-your-team/?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=workplace&utm_content=coronaviris
More information and support service information is available on our help directory.