Mental Health Awareness
We provide Mental Health & Wellbeing Awareness training sessions to organisations and companies throughout Greater Manchester.
The training takes participants through mental health definitions, the needs of people with mental health issues and how to respond, myth busting and tackling stigma around mental ill health plus how to look after our own mental health and wellbeing.
This session is flexible and can be delivered in either a 90 min or 3 hour format depending on the size of group and the level of learning/training required, each session includes:
- An overview of mental health conditions, symptoms and diagnosis
- An overview of NICE guidelines recommended treatments for mental health conditions
- Tackling the stigma that surrounds mental health
- Mental health in the workplace
- Approaches to help support someone who presents with mental distress
- The importance of wellbeing for all including taking care of our own mental health
- Brief overview of Mental Health Act 1983 amended 2007 – 3 hour format
- Suicide prevention awareness – 3 hour format
- Applying learning to case studies - 3 hour format
- An introduction to Mindfulness – 3 hour format
- Participant Resource Pack - 3 hour format
Up to 12 individuals can attend these sessions at our training room in The Angel Centre, Salford alternatively we can provide these sessions on-site at your workplace or other suitable facility for up to 16 participants.
“Eye-opening, friendly and informative”
“Discovering that it’s ok to have a mental health issue and how to deal with it”
“Very helpful and useful – improved my knowledge of mental health and how to support others”