Mind in Salford is co-hosting the Mindful Nation UK Report Manchester and NW Launch in Media City on 22nd February.
Mindful Nation UK is a report published by the Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group (MAPPG) and was launched nationally on 20th October 2015 in Westminster.
The report looks at Mindfulness in 4 program areas: Healthcare, the Workplace, Education and Criminal Justice. The group was set up to
- Review the scientific evidence and current best practice in mindfulness training
- Develop policy recommendations for government based findings
- Provide a forum for discussion in Parliament regarding the role of mindfulness and its implementation in public policy
This event will bring together speakers from key mindfulness organisation, university researchers and case studies from the North West. It is a valuable opportunity for you or an alternative representative from your organisation to find out what mindfulness is, how it can benefit both the public and private sectors in terms of well being and resilience and its benefits to service users.
The Manchester & NW Launch will start at 1pm, 22nd February, at the University of Salford Digital Performance Lab in Media City, arrival from 12.30 – see Mindful Nation UK report – Invite programme. There are a limited number of spaces available, please contact Markus Greenwood at Mind in Salford, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 212 4880.
Speakers will include:
- Markus Greenwood, Mind in Salford CEO
- Singhashri Gazmuri, Breathworks CIC Program Director
- Geraldine Thomas, Mindflow Training Ltd
- Taravandana Lupson, Mindfulness Leadership Programmes in NHS and Kings Fund, London
- Ruth Passman, NHS England Deputy Director for Equality and Health Inequalities
- Tim Duerden, University of Salford Senior Lecturer in Multi-Professional Practice Studies & Breathworks teacher
- Ken Harrison, Knowsley Borough Council Head of Communities
- Peter Malinowski, Liverpool John Moores University
- Catrin Eames, Liverpool University
- Heather Regan-Addis, UK Mindfulness Association
- Jamie Bristow, The Mindfulness Initiative Director
- Yogesh Patel, Urmston Grammar School Teacher
- Collette Power, Breathworks Associate & Teacher, Liverpool
- Sylvia Daniels, Carer, Salford
- Sue Pheasy, Course Participant and Teacher, Salford