Get Involved and DonateI need upgent help

Slide Free monthly drop in mindfulness sessions Learn more and sign up Slide Learn more Learn more about our training offer

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice

We provide welfare rights and debt advice for people in Salford who are over 18; are Salford residents or registered with a Salford GP;  and who have a mental health condition. Our advice is free, independent, impartial and confidential.

We also provide advice and support to clients to ensure they can access their full benefit entitlements. We will assist clients in applying for:

  • Universal Credit
  • Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income Support
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Housing benefit
  • Winter Fuel Payments
  • Pension Credit
  • Any Other Benefits Entitlements

Many people with mental health difficulties can find it difficult to understand and access the complex benefits system and to get the support that they need. They can sometimes be treated unfairly and without respect because of a lack of understanding about mental health.  At Mind in Salford, we strive to ensure that everyone with mental health difficulties has access to support and that they are treated fairly and with respect.

You can find out more about our advice services by calling 0161 710 1070.

In addition to the advice services we provide, please find below links to some recommended self-help resources.

Debt and Employment Advice Organisations
  We recognise that money problems exacerbate mental health problems, and can bring on bad episodes if ...
Food Crisis Support
  To find out where you can get support if you are in a food crisis, we ...
Disabilities and Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is allocated to people who need help with living costs due to long ...
Benefits Calculators
  If you are unsure which benefits you are entitled to and how much you could claim, ...

Universal Credit is due to be rolled out in Salford on 26th September (25th July for Higher Broughton). If you are unsure about what Universal Credit is or if it will affect you, read Salford City Council’s guide here.  

Contact Info

Mind in Salford
The Angel Centre
1 St. Philips Place
M3 6FA

0161 710 1070 | Registered Charity No. 1156625

We are a living wage employerSalford Approved ProviderAdvice Quality StandardMindful EmployerCyber Essentials